Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Making Memories

A couple weeks ago I went to a "stampin' up" party hosted by a friend from church. I knew it was mostly about making your own cards, but also would have some ideas for scrapbooking, so it piqued my interest. I really do enjoy scrapbooking, but haven't taken time to do much of it recently.

The party was really fun. We made three cards, and they showed us different techniques and materials and tools to use. I have a good friend, Shirley, and she and her daughter have started making cards and have accumulated lots of supplies/equipment. Of course, I just had to buy a FEW things to enhance my scrapbooks, so now I'm anxious to start working on them again.

I started scrapbooking after my trip to Israel; I wanted a really nice way of preserving my pictures. It really turned out well. Then I started doing a book for each of my kids, starting from birth to present. That was a little bit of a challenge; the hardest thing was organizing the pictures and remembering what age they were, etc. I had finished Sara's and I was so glad that I had it. When she passed away in August 2006, I was able to have the scrapbook available for people to look at. I think it turned out to be a really neat thing to have, especially for some of her friends. I have completed Tim's as well, except for recent years, and I have very few pictures in the last few years. I am now working on a scrapbook of Lynn and I, starting with when we first started our relationship.

It's great to have an organized way of reminiscing and re-living great memories occassionally. So for now, I'll probably continue my quest to get family pictures into scrapbook form.

No comments: