Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Thoughts


The tree is up, the Christmas poem written and ready to mail, and a few decorations here and there. Also, I have found some great CD's of Christmas music, some that I had and a couple new ones I bought. The music is probably one of my favorite things about the Christmas season.

I've probably said this before, but I want to try to focus this year on the true spirit of giving; looking for opportunities to do something for those less fortunate. I have been so blessed, and I am so thankful. I provided a couple shoe boxes for inner city kids, a project that our church does every year. Our class is trying to provide a good Christmas for a single mom and her 3 children that go to our church. But beyond that, I need to be sensitive to ways that I can be an encouragement to those who are going through hard times right now, and those who have a hard time at this season because of the loss of loved ones.

I found some quotes about Christmas and wanted to share just a few:

There has been only one Christmas--the rest are anniversaries.
(W. J. Cameron)

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.
(Roy. L. Smith)

Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
( Attributed to a 7-year-old boy named Bobby)

This last one is one I found by Oren Arnold, but I liked it so well, I added some of my own. So a few of these are his, and the majority are mine.

Christmas Gift Suggestions:

To your enemy, forgiveness; To a customer, good service;
To a friend, faithfulness; To a child, a good example;
To those down-trodden in spirit, encouragement; To your employer, honesty;
To your spouse, your heart; To everyone, love & kindness;
To the Lord, deep gratitude for His gift of Salvation.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Beautiful quotes Donna.

I love Christmas music too...I have a Christmas clock that plays a short song on the hour...I left it up all summer for the joy of hearing it. Now it needs new batteries to bring out the loudness! It's smowing here today!

Enjoy the season, Donna!

Diana said...

I love your tree Donna and I also love the Christmas music the most! My family gets frustrated with me at times as I listen to it before Thanksgiving all through Christmas! What can I say? I love the quotes. They were all so good! I will be attending Advent service tonight, my favorite part of the season!
Love Di ♥

Becky said...

I do love Christmas music but I can not listen to it continously as some of the radio stations do. I do listen a lot....As for decorations we are putting up all of our decoratins tyhis week end. Still trying to decide if I am putting up a tree since I will not be home for Christmas...I will be at my son's house babysitting my granson while my 4th grandson is born hopefully

Rebecca said...

I'm "with" you about the music! This was a beautiful post and truly reflects your beautiful heart, Donna.