Monday, September 29, 2008

Fireproof

Great Food!

The Movie Theatre

Those who work together should play together. ( I might have just made that up!) After a very productive day of working together, Lynn and I cleaned up and headed to the big city (when you're from Woodburn, Ft. Wayne is big).

We first went to Smokey Bones for dinner. Lynn had barbequed brisket and I had pulled pork with barbeque sauce. His brisket was really good. He said it was the best meal that he's had in a restaurant in a long time--even better than steak. That started our evening out well, since it's always good to have your man satisfied with his meal. (Mine was very good also).

Our church has been encouraging people to go see the movie Fireproof. It's produced by the same group that made Facing the Giants. This was the first weekend it was out, so we went to the "Rave" to see it. I thought the movie was really good--very well done. It's about a couple who are on the brink of divorce, and a program called Love Dare that helped them save their marriage.

I am so very thankful for a wonderful husband, who loves me and pampers me. But I know that Satan would like nothing better than to destroy marriages and families. The movie made me feel very grateful that I have a good marriage, but also made me realize that no one is immune from difficulties in relationships.

Hopefully there will be many couples who will benefit from this movie. When we know of couples who are having challenges, we surely need to keep them in our prayers.

We stopped for a milkshake at McDonald's on the way home. It was pretty nearly a perfect date and a wonderful evening. It's great to have a "date night" once in a while. I'm sure it helps to maintain those healthy relationships.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hi,
We also had a datenight to Fireproof this weekend. It included popcorn and Bob opening doors for me. I agree that I am thankful for my man.