Monday, December 24, 2007

Food, Fun, Friends, and Family


On December 18th I left a cold, snowy Woodburn In. and flew to Oklahoma City. It was mid-50's and sunny for 3 of the days
that I was there. I go back to OKC about every 3 months or so
because my son still lives there, and I have some really good
friends that live there. On Friday night my good friends Bertie
Gray and Shirley Hill and I went to Mimi's Cafe. I love their
corn chowder! We had really good food and a good visit.

This is Shirley's home. (Her home is where I stayed for over
4 months when I broke my leg in Aug 2004) Her daughter Judy lives with her. Another very good friend, Jaquetta, came over on Saturday night. We had a delicious meal and exchanged gifts. We always have such a great time together. W laughed and laughed over the silliest things! Really fun!

I don't have any pictures of this, but I also went back to the
hospital where I worked (Oklahoma Spine Hospital. It so
happened that they were having their carry-in Christmas
lunch so I got to see everyone and visit, and of course eat a little too! They were such a great group of people to work with, and it's always fun to go back and see them.

Of course, one of the main reasons I go back to OKC is to
visit with my son. He lives in an apartment and sort of works
at a little store near where he lives. He hangs out at the store
and helps them; I think he just really likes some of the people
that work there. We went shopping and I got him some
clothes and stocked his apartment with food. He also went with
me to visit G-Ma Lavin. For the most part, he seems to be
doing quite well.

Grandma Lavin insisted on having us for a meal, so Tim,
Donnie and Gene Hill (cousins of mine and niece of G-Ma)
and I went to her home on Saturday for lunch. We had
spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. It was all very yummy!
Mother Lavin doesn't see very well any more, but she still
loves to paint pictures--she does really nice work. I gave her
some art supplies, and canvas and wood pieces to paint on. She
was really excited about them.

Mother Lavin is 85; she doesn't see well, and has a hearing aid,
and she says she is getting weaker all the time. But she has
always been a really neat lady, and we still really have fun on
our visits together.

Well, I don't know how this blog will look when it's posted, as it seems like sometimes they re-arrange things for me! However, I wanted to just share a little about my trip. I am so blessed to have wonderful family and such good friends. The Lord is
truly good!

(This is mother Lavin--Gloria) I guess my narrative didn't quite
match up with my pictures.












No comments: