Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Questions--Favorites and Stuff

Brenda sent me these questions so thought I'd try to answer them. (She originally got them from Nicole.)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for most but bags for odd shapes or when I'm in a hurry.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial-still have to take time to string lights (it's an old tree!)

3. ? When do you put up the tree ? Usually try to have it up by the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Year's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes; I especially like eggnog flavored ice cream.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Sad to say, but I don't honestly remember.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? A couple very small ones; One is from Haiti

8. Hardest person to buy for? Lynn; his family is used to telling family members what they want for Christmas, and then it is really no surprise-they get what they asked for. I like surprises!

9. Easiest person to buy for? My very good friends, Shirley and Judy

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I tend to get things I don't really like from one of my first husband's relatives; ( I don't think they blog) It's not that these things aren't nice, but it's things I would probably never use-like a flame snuffer for candles-I just blow them out!

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I really enjoy getting Christmas cards, so I mail them.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A lot of them are my favorites; I like some of the newer Christian-based ones that have come out-The Christmas Card, Christmas Shoes, etc.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ideally, around October, but that usually never happens. This year I did start around the end of October, as I have adopted 12 "grandchildren" this year.

14. Have you ever re-cycled a Christmas gift? Yes. Once I think I even gave it back to the person who gave it to me!

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Home-made cookies or candy; pumpkin roll

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I much prefer colored.

17. Favorite Christmas songs? I love most of them. I listen to Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I really like the Hallelujah Chorus; there's a fun one that Lowell sings, and for the life of me I can't think of the name of it. ( I even help him sing it)

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We usually stay home. Our family gatherings are not actually on Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes I can. (You'll just have to trust me on this one.)

20. Angel on the top of the tree or a star? I have always had a star.

21. Open presents Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Usually Christmas eve. I sometimes have to work Christmas Day, which is the case this year.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I don't know if it's annoying, but it's sad that so many people don't celebrate the real meaning of Christmas, because they don't know Christ personally. It's also sad thinking about family members who are no longer with us to celebrate-but they are celebrating with the Lord Himself!

23. What I love most about Christmas? Getting together with family, the Christmas music, the special programs at church, etc. There's not much I don't like. (except maybe the traffic.)

24. Do you believe in Santa Claus? I like the spirit that comes with Santa Claus-the elements of fun, surprise, anticipation, etc.

No comments: