Friday, August 15, 2008

Nostalgia-"Back in the day"





Tonight Lynn and I actually had a "date night"! Out in the country between Woodburn and New Haven (2 very small towns) there is a Maumee Valley Show. It is sort of like a fair, with "fair food", like elephant ear, steamed sweet corn, etc. Of course they also have flea market booths, tractor pulls, and some other equally exciting events. However, tonight, they also had an outdoor concert featuring Spike and the Bulldogs, singing 50's and 60's music.

First we had barbeque sandwiches, cheese fries and an elephant ear. We walked around a few of the booths. We usually buy videos and DVD's there, as they are $2-$3 each, so it's pretty inexpensive entertainment for us on our "at home" date nights.

Then we took our lawn chairs and sat down to listen to the concert. It was really fun--kind of nostalgic, bringing back memories of high school and even nursing school when those songs were the hits of the day. I think Lynn kind of wonders about me, as I was tapping my feet, clapping at times--they told us to! and even lip-singing (I didn't want people to think that I thought I was good enough to sing with them!)

It was an absolutely beautiful evening to be outside--a little on the cool side with a very light breeze. I loved being outside! All in all, it was a very fun date night. I did refrain myself from doing the twist or any other dancing, as that probably would have caused Lynn to pass out!

No comments: