I was tagged by Cindy to tell 7 random things about myself that people might not know. I'm not sure if there are 7 but I'll see how this goes. If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged also.
1) Cindy tried her hand at being a Mary Kay Consultant and color consultant and so did I. I actually was a Mary Kay consultant for about 15 years. Like Cindy, I loved doing it, and helping people feel good about themselves, but I wasn't good at sales or getting others to want to be a Mary Kay Representative. I made enough money to break even on my inventory.
2) I like scrapbooking (although I might have mentioned this before). I have done one for my son and for my daughter, and am now working on one for my husband and I. When my daughter passed away, I took the scrapbook to her viewing and her friends loved looking at it. It's a great keepsake that I have of her.
3) I went to Israel in 2000. It was one year after my first husband passed away. It was a life-changing trip and helps you see the Bible in a whole new light. (That trip is what started me scrapbooking, as I did a scrapbook of my trip).
4) I like writing poems. Most of my real-time friends and family know this one. I write a poem every year for my Christmas letter. This year it was based on the "12 days of Christmas", reviewing the 12 months of the year.
5) I love reading christian fiction, and always thought I would someday write a book. Since starting this blog, and reading other blogs, I am now convinced I would not be a very good writer. But if a good idea comes my way, who knows(?), I may try it!
6) I like classic musicals (Sound of Music, West Side Story, etc). Recently I also enjoy comedy movies and family drama's--heart-warming stories. I also like Chonda Pierce, as she makes me laugh and laughing is healthy (It increases your endorphins that boost your immune system.)
7) I love keeping in touch with old friends--I talked on the phone with an old friend yesterday for 45 minutes. I have also really enjoyed making new friends through this blog. It's been a real blessing.
I didn't think I would find 7 things, but there you have it. I'll be looking forward to seeing some of yours.