A friend sent me this and I thought it warranted passing on. It gave me a lot to think about. However, I've had my share of tragedies in my life, and I have always said that life is short, and we need to enjoy it and live it well.
How to Stay Young:
- Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and helght. Let the doctors worry about them--that is why you pay them.
- keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
- Keep learning! Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever interests you. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop'; and the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
- Enjoy the simple things
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
- The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us all of our lives is ourself. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies or whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. It it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can do, get appropriate help.
- Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, or a picnic in the country, just NOT where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
And Always Remember:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Share this with someone you love, and remember we all need to live life to its fullest every day!