However, today I gained some new insights from this very wonderful story. It's amazing how something you've heard so often can have new significance in your life. These are some of the truths I learned today:
- Just like the Joshua and the people of Israel, we face enemies (walls) in our lives.
- God wants us to be obedient. ( Even though the instructions seemed strange, they marched with Joshua around the walls once a day for 6 days. They did not see the victory until the 7th day.)
- God will not compromise with sin in our lives. (There were very specific instructions they had to follow once the walls came down).
- It is always God who gives the victory. Any success or accomplishment we have in our lives is because He has worked in us through His love, grace and mercy.
- Nothing is impossible for God! (I'm sure the people of Israel had no idea how they were going to penetrate the high, thick walls of Jericho). God performed a miracle in their lives.
I have seen some miraculous things happen in my life and the lives of friends and family, most recently in the life of my son. My heart is full of gratitude for the way He has worked in my son's life, and also for the way He has blessed me in so many ways.
I am so thankful for the Word of God which is "God-breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man (or woman) of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." II Timothy 3: 16,17