Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas--Cards, Kids, Family, Fun

I am having a really fun time this year with Christmas. I have traditionally written a poem for my Christmas letter for the last several years, and this year was no exception. ( I also have them all addessed sealed and stamped, AND delivered.) I can't believe I sent them out so early this year. One of my friends in Woodburn said, "Congratulations Donna! I always wait to see who i will get my first Christmas card from, and this year yours is the first".

The other fun thing I am doing is that for this year I've decided to be a grandmother to 12 of my great-nieces and great-nephews (the ones that will be at our Christmas gathering.) I don't have any grand-kids and don't have any prospects of any, so I volunteered to get a little gift for each of the 12 kids. I'm actually having a blast! I got some general ideas about likes and dislikes from G-Ma Lou. I can only hope that the kids will be somewhat excited too, but even if they aren't super impressed, it has added some fun and joy to my Christmas.

I will be going to Oklahoma City on Dec 19th for a few days to see family and friends. I guess it's a sign of my somewhat mature age, but it seems like time has just flown by these last few months. I'm also having fun figuring out some gifts for them. Now, if I could only figure out what to get my husband!! He's a little tricky to buy for, but I think I finally figured something out.

To all you gift-givers out there, I hope you're having as much fun as I am. My hubby thinks I've gone mad. (He hasn't really said that, but he gets this strange look on his face and looks at my boxes, and says, now, tell me again, who all are these gifts for? )
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!

No comments: