Sunday, June 15, 2008

God's Promise

Genesis 9: 13-16 "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. ...Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

We had another little thunderstorm tonight. It was almost over, when I noticed that the sun was setting and it was really bright. But I was pretty sure it was still raining a little, so I started looking for the rainbow. And this is what I saw right outside my back door. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to capture it on my camara, and indeed, it was much more beautiful than what I caught on film. It was a complete, double rainbow! I think I have only seen one like this once before, and I didn't have a camara with me at the time.

As I looked at the rainbow, and watched it fade away, I couldn't help thinking once again about what an awesome God we have. He has certainly kept his promise that He gave in regards to the rainbow--that there would never again be a flood covering the entire earth. (although we have certainly had some terribe floods in the past week!) But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that not only did He keep this promise, but we can trust Him to keep all of the promises He has made to us. What a mighty, awesome, wonderful God we have!

No comments: