Since I'm getting a late start, I decided I would take a few minutes and just list everything that I can think of for which I am very grateful. I know before I even start, that it won't be all inclusive.
- At the top of my list is without a doubt, my Lord and Saviour. He has loved me unconditionally, saved me, kept me through sad and joyful times, and is my source of peace, joy and strength. Great is His faithfulness!
- My loving and wonderful husband. (I have been doubly blessed, as I have enjoyed two wonderful marriages.) I am loved and cherished and provided for in every way possible. Lynn is a lover, friend and soulmate.
- My son, Tim. We have been through so much together in the last 7 years, with much heartache, but the Lord has worked miraculously in his life. He loves the Lord, and is back on track, wanting to live a productive life and find God's purpose for his life. For all the Lord has done for him, I am extremely thankful.
- My family. More and more I've come to realize how rare it is to have a christian family. We enjoy spending time together, we support and pray for each other, and there is harmony--even among our extended family of aunts (only 3 left), one uncle and many cousins. I also so much appreciate my mother-in-law, Gloria; she has become a dear friend.
- My many friends. I have old friends (meaning they've been friends a long time, ) friends I've made at church, and blogger friends (yes I consider so many of you my friends!), and I continue to meet new people along the way that I'm sure will become good friends. I am so thankful for friendship, which is so important in our lives.
- I am very thankful for my home. Although it is not large or beautiful, it is my safe haven.
- For my health. There are so many that I know that deal with chronic illness and pain every day. Both Lynn and I have enjoyed relatively good health.
- I am so thankful for the freedoms that we have, living in this country. Our freedom has come at great cost to many men and women, and we are indebted to them. In spite of the fact that we see things going on in our country that are cause for concern, we still have freedom of speech, freedom to work and live as we chose, and most importantly, freedom to worship openly. We need to do what is within our means to maintain these freedoms, and never take them for granted.
I'm sure there are things I've forgotten or left out. This is what I know for sure. The Lord has blessed me, beyond what I could have ever imagined or expected. He is an awesome God! I will never be able to adequately thank Him for what He has done, is currently doing, and will continue to do in my life and the lives of my family.
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Let the earth here His voice!
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father through Jesus His Son,
and give Him the Glory, great things He hath done.