Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Sara

This isn't very good of me, but I like it of Sara--it shows her personality.)



Today, my daughter Sara would have been 32years old. Her birthday often fell on Thanksgiving, as it would this year, or during the Thanksgiving weekend. So we usually had a birthday cake at our Thanksgiving dinners.

Sara went home to be with the Lord on August 2, 2006. I posted a tribute to her last year which you can read at this link. (It seems like I originally wrote it in 2007, but I couldn't find that blog, so I'm posting the one from last year.)

As I'm enjoying my Thanksgiving meal today, I am also very thankful to the Lord for allowing me to enjoy Sara for 28+ years. She was positive and fun-loving and brought much joy to our lives. I know she is no doubt enjoying her Birthday with her Dad and grandparents, and with the Lord in their beautiful heavenly home.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Donna I am so sorry for your loss.
My heart goes out to you.
I do wish for you a blessed Thanksgiving Donna.
Love Di

Donna's Book Nook said...

Di--Thank you for your sweet comments. I trust you and yours have a blessed holiday. Donna

Wanda..... said...

My heart goes out to you too Donna...I just did a post mentioning my mother. Her birthday the 24th sometimes fell on Thanksgiving, it will be 3 years in June since her passing...I miss her, I imagine you miss your daughter even more.
Wanda

Brenda said...

Oh dear, Donna, I am so sad as I read this. I had my own little Pity Party yesterday--not for long--but just sad that I cannot have my children for the holidays. Then I read this and it made me realize once again that I have NOTHING to be sad about. Your loss is so great. I am so sorry. Blessings to you. I love you.

Cindy said...

I didn't know about Sara. What a lovely tribute to her. I'm glad you have good memories of your time with her.

Dee said...

Sara was beautiful Donna and i am sorry for your loss. I look forward to hearing about a new doggie in your husbands future.