Saturday, May 3, 2008

An Un"B"elievable Day at Dad's





Last Sunday Lynn and I and Bob and Brenda went to Dad and Kay's. We had a nice lunch with them and then Bob and Lynn headed out to Dad's farm and Brenda and I took Dad and Kay back to the house. (It was kind of a sad day for Kay,as her nephew had died; her daughter Linda was coming up and they would be spending the rest of the afternoon at the funeral home). The main purpose of the trip for Bob and Brenda was to open up the Bee hives on the farm. We thought it would be interesting for Lynn to put on a Bee suit and be able to watch the process. Brenda and I also went out and watched. We didn't have bee suits, but the bees were pretty calm. It did make me a little nervous, but my interest and curiosity over-ruled my nerves. It was really fun to watch, and Bob & Brenda were really excited, because one of the hives still had bees and the queen bee was there. Brenda actually has some video on her blog of Bob opening up some hives (Benda-beesnest). (Sorry, I haven't learned how to put an actual link to her blog)
As it turned out, Lynn actually helped with some of the preparation work, and I think he enjoyed it and thought it was really interesting. It was very educational, and fortunately, we are never too old to learn new things and broaden our horizons.

No comments: