Sunday, April 12, 2009

Praise for a Risen Savior!

My usual responsibility on Sundays is to record the prayer requests and answers to prayer; then I put them in an e-mail to everyone. Sometimes I also include an encouraging statement or verse. Today, we did not have our regular Sunday School classes. We just had the worship service. But I decided to send out a special "Prayer and Praise Notes" to our Sunday School (FLOCK) members. I thought I would also post it here.

POTTER'S CLAY FLOCK PRAYER & PRAISE NOTES
EASTER SUNDAY, April 12, 2009
Special Edition

PRAYER

Prayer is co-operation with God. It is the purest exercise of the faculties God has given us—an exercise that links these faculties with the Maker to work out the intentions He had in mind in their creation. Prayer is aligning ourselves with the purposes of God.
E. Stanley Jones

Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5: 17,18

…the prayer of the upright pleases Him Proverbs 15:8b

PRAISE
For many years, we have always sung the following song on Easter, but we didn't sing it this year. Our pianist played it today as we were being dismissed. But I just wanted to share it with you here.

I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today,
I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He’s always near.

Rejoice, rejoice O Christian, lift up your voice and sing,
Eternal Hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him the help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind.

HE LIVES, HE LIVES, Christ Jesus lives today,
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
HE LIVES, HE LIVES, salvation to impart,
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth! Psalm 8:1

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name, for the Lord is good and His love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100

I trust you all are experiencing a blessed Easter Sunday.

(Note: the alignment on this didn't come out quite like I had it originally, but I decided it was the content that was important.)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So uplifting! The ripples of your words and work encourage many - including me!

Dee said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I also like how you call your Sunday school " flock " :-) Dee