Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Son's Advocate

I'm sitting in the airport--got here early--and I was catching up on my blog reading. I'm off to Oklahoma to be an advocate for my son. He is bi-polar, and has been in jail for theft. He is at a crossroads of either receiving a prison sentence for 5 years, or a probation/community service sentence. He has a public defender, who because of his case load, has perhaps not made Tim's case a priority. I am going to talk to him tomorrow before Tim's court date on Thursday.

Pray I will have wisdom; also that the lawyer will present his case well, and the judge will agree to the more lenient sentence. My son has recently come back to the Lord, so I'm praying that God will be merciful in this situation. I would of course covet your prayers.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Donna...
I am so glad I stopped to read your blog today. I will definitely be praying for you and for Tim. I am so thankful Tim has come back to the Lord. I am reminded of the Prodigal Son... and his Loving Father!

Hugs and Prayers...
With Love,
~K

Gina said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Be strong!!! There is no one who can advocate for your son better than you, except our Father!!

Becky said...

I will definately say a prayer for you, your son, the laywer and the judge tonight Donna. Be encouraged to know you have a family of prayers going up here!

Rebecca said...

I'm praying, too. I KNOW God will work this out for His glory and Tim's good. May He guard your heart and give you peace.

Dee said...

You have more prayer support from me. Being a mom is never easy.God bless you and tim. Dee