Friday, February 12, 2010

The Eyes Have It


Just over one week ago, I told you about a laser treatment I had on my eye. It is actually called Photo-dynamic Therapy. (PDT). Ever since that procedure, I have had very limited vision in that eye. It was as if there was a black circle covering my central vision. I was trying to maintain a positive attitude, as I had read that your vision might be blurry for several days following treatment.

Finally, on Thursday, I went back to see my Doctor. I told myself it was to quiet the concerns of my hubby and other friends and family members. But of course, deep down, I was also rather concerned. After doing the routine tests, my Dr. explained to me that the laser treatment was doing exactly what they want it to do--sealing off the blood vessel at the retina. However, as best I understand his explanation, the light from the laser has temporarily caused my retina to "go to sleep", thus causing this impaired vision. He said this could last as long as one month. He also said, that sometimes the vision will come back better; but he was quick to add a disclaimer, not wanting to make any promises he couldn't keep.

I was very glad I decided to go back to have this checked, as it has put my mind at ease, and actually gave me more information about the actual procedure. So for now, we are praying that indeed, my vision will be restored, at least to what it was before the treatment.

The Bible has much to say about our eyes, as well as the eyes of the Lord.

Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, scorning the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Psalm 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Proverbs 3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

Thank you Lord, for providing doctors and treatments that have allowed me to keep my eyesight these past few years. Help me to always keep my eyes and my focus on You, and then I will see all things in proper perspective.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Donna,
I hope you don't mind but I will be adding your name to my prayer journal. Blessings...

Bernie said...

Praying for a full recovery for you Donna......:-) Hugs

Brenda said...

Hallelujah! I sm so glad for that great news. We will keep praying.

Dee said...

Keeping you in my prayers...That the month will pass quickly and I you will have clear, better than average vision in that eye.