Thursday, June 16, 2011

Improving My Focus

For some reason, the last couple days I've been focusing on my circumstances. Not that I have any major crises right now; but for some reason I've just been kind of "down", thinking about things going on with my son and Nichole, my mother-in-law, etc.

Today I was reading during my devotions, and came across two statements that were an encouragement to me. They are by Warren Wiersbe.

" Someone has described 'circumstances' as "those nasty things you see when you get your eyes off of God". If you look at God through your circumstances, He will seem small and very far away, but if by faith you look at your circumstances through God, He will draw very near and reveal His greatness to you."

"Look at others, and be distressed; look at yourself, and be depressed; look to God, and you'll be blessed."

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great words for many of us who at times tend to bogged down in circumstances. I'm praying for you, Donna. Remember James - "If any of you lack wisdom......"

Cindy said...

I've been in a similar "funk" so these words are so helpful as I regain my focus. Thank you for posting them!

Diana said...

Oh I love this Donna. I will try and keep this in mind as I go through my day! Thank you, Love Di ♥

Brenda said...

I was in a funk this morning as well. I felt God speak to my spirit and say, "Nothing has changed. I am the same yesterday, today and forever." I was reminded that God is still in control. He loves us. I will be praying for you today. I love you.

Dee said...

It is so easy to let our circumstances get in front of us..It is good that our help is only a prayer away.:)