Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peaches and Apples

These are the recipes from my previous blog, just in case anyone wants to try them!

Peach Pie

9 inch unbaked pie crust
1 Tblsp. flour
1 Tblsp sugar
1 pint fresh or frozen peaches

2 heaping Tblsp. flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
Cinnamon

Mix the 1 T flour and 1 T sugar and spread over unbaked pie crust.
Place 1 pint of peaches over that.
Mix the 2 T of flour and 2/3 cup sugar and add the whipping cream; mix well.
Pour mixture over peaches and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until crust is brown.


Crock Pot Apple Butter


4 pounds of apples, peeled and sliced (about 10 cups)
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup water
2 Tblsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Place apples in 3 1/2 qt. slow cooker.
mix remaining ingredients and mix into apples
( I mix the ingredients in the crock pot and then stir in the apples)
Cover, and cook on high for 5-6 hours (I use the full 6 hours)
Stir; cool at least 1 hour or chill overnight in frig, covered
Ladle into jars and seal
store in frig for 3 weeks or in freezer for one year.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Donna,I was so excited to find you on my blog as a follower AND see your peach pie recipe. My favorite. I look forward to reading your blog each day. God is good! Dee

Brenda said...

Donna,
I tried the peach pie yesterday for small group. It tasted good but was runny. What did I do wrong? Maybe I did not bake it long enough? I left in in 40 minutes. Maybe I should have used less whipping cream?
Brenda

Dee said...

HI,You haven't posted in awhile. Praying all is well.