It was one year ago yesterday, June 26th, that my wonderful, gentle father went home to be with the Lord. We have missed him so very much. I had a very busy day yesterday, and didn't really take time to reflect on my Dad's life until early this morning.
Some random thoughts:
- A true follower of Christ and a witness and a testimony to all of his family and all he came in contact with.
- A loving husband to my mother and then later to my step-mother, Kay
- A prayer warrior; he prayed faithfully for his kids and grand-kids
- A great smile, that lit up his whole face
- A kind, gentle spirit
- A fierce integrity--honest and upright in everything he did.
We have missed him recently, as we were all together to close out his estate, and then at a family reunion, and we will continue to miss him. How thankful I am to have had a wonderful dad.
I know that Dad and so many other family members are celebrating together in Heaven. What a comfort it is to know that we will see them all again one day.
Thank you Dad (and mom) for the wonderful christian example you've been to all of us. We are blessed to have such a rich heritage.