Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Food, Glorious Food


I was going to try to make up some clever words to the song from Oliver, but just couldn't get that creative. Doing this collage took most of my creative juices. (Actually, I just had to figure out the program, and after a trial and error period, I think I finally got it.)

All of this to say, we ate at some really great places on our trip. Some of them we sort of found accidentally; a couple of them were reccomended by local people. The food "presentation" was really wonderful at some of them, and it was also delicious--what a combination. If you are ever in New Hampshire, we can recommend Peg's and Texas Toast for breakfast. I highly recommend Fox's Lobster House if you visit the Nubble Light. And then there were the food vendors at the Highland Games! You can get an idea of the huge and wonderful strawberry shortcake from the top middle and center middle pics.

The lower left and middle were served at Texas Toast for breakfast; Brenda had French Toast with strawberries, and I had an omelet and hash browns that were beautifully presented and super good.

The lower right picture on the bottom was served at the Lobster House; it was Lobster Mac N' Cheese. The mac n' cheese was superb and had pieces of lobster in it. The top right was a fried lobster that I had--I forget the specific name for it. Bob also had a lobster dish (middle left) and Rog had scallops, I think. (middle right)

As you may have guessed, the old "eating healthy" routine was sort of abandoned for that week. But then, after all, it was vacation! As Julia would have said, "Bon Appetit!"


2 comments:

Joan said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=xilisoft dvd to psp converter 4.0.96.1229 ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg