Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An Unbelievable Evening!

When I was a Mary Kay Consultant, many years ago, We learned a little phrase that we would use when someone asked how things were going. It didn't matter if something really good had happened, or if we'd had a really bad week, If someone said "How was your day?" we would say, "It was unbelievable! ( as you can see, that phrase works whether it was good or bad).

As I mentioned in my last post, my sisters and I, along with a friend of Brenda's and her sister, went to hear Carrie Underwood at Ravinia--an outdoor theatre. Everything about that evening was definitely "unbelievable".

The shuttle ride from the far-away parking lot was unbelievable--People with coolers, bags, chairs etc. squeezing as many bodies as possible into the bus.

The number of people was unbelievable--there was quite possibly one trillion, all sitting around on this HUGE lawn area. But could we find a spot? Just barely!

The weather was unbelievable--clear, crisp, and rather cold--but beautiful.

We had unbelievably good food--chicken salad wraps, mixed fruit, crackers and veggies with dip, and melt-in-your-mouth home-made chocolate truffles for dessert.

The conversation was unbelievably good--two sets of sisters, laughing, talking, and just enjoying the company.


The musician was unbelievably good! We could hear her, but not see her. We did get close enough to see the screen for a little while.

It turned out we couldn't even hear very well after a while, as there were unbelievably loud boisterous people around us.



We left early (well actually it was already close to 10:00 pm) and we had about an hour's ride home to Brenda's.

Perhaps I could just sum this all up for you--We had an unbelievable evening of adventure!

4 comments:

Becky said...

It sounds like you had fun. I am sorry you did not get to see her, but hearing her in person I guess is enough. I have never been to one of her concerts but I believe it would be good. Thank you for sharing

Rebecca said...

Soooo FUNNY! I read it to Gary because that is a word we associate with Ron Fielitz! He uses that "unbelievable" phrase all the time. Now I wonder if he sold Mary Kay for awhile????

I also enjoyed the Bee posting. There is SO much to learn,isn't there? And you learned from an expert.

Dee said...

Unbelievably a good post.

Cindy said...

What a fun time!