Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shepherd Love

This post came about because I got a new phone- -a camara phone! I was so excited to try it out, I took a picture of this sculpture. I bought this a long time ago from a lady in my church who did sculptures. At that time I was a widow, and I just liked the visual of being a lamb in my Savior's arms.



It was a bit of a challenge to upload it to my computer from my camara. In fact, it took a trip back to the camara store, with my computer. But now I can successfully upload my camara pics. (The photo in the picture is my daughter--I didn't realize it was also in the picture when I took it.)

There was a poem that came with this sculpture, and I just wanted to share it here.

Shepherd Love

His shepherd arms enfold me, so close I hear His heart beat
With steady rhythm that assures me, He's all I need.

Sweet memories of how He never left me in the past,
Hold captive any thought of dread, yielded there...I wait: At last...

Peace comes, when with acceptance In His voice, He calls my name,
"No matter what you're mine, what's mine is yours the same."

If I feel that I'm falling, He pulls me closer still,
When standing is too difficult, He carries me until...

I'll walk beside Him always looking on His face,
To see His eyes direct me, His soothing smile of grace.

Surrender to His firm embrace releases fear and doubt,
His shepherd love envelops, whether in His arms or out.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'll be interested to hear how YOU get your pictures off the phone & into blog. Well done! And what a beautiful sculpting! The poem will fit right in with our Bible study tonight. We're going through the 23rd Psalm.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I love the picture and the poem. It comforts me to see the lamb in the Shepherd's embrace. How often do I need such love and tender care.

Thanks for giving me this visual. Enjoy the phone!

peace~elaine

Brenda said...

Yay! Good for you to tackle something new and persist until you've got it! Now you shall never be without a camera, right?

Nicely written post about your sculpture.

Dee said...

Nice job with the camera phone...the sculpture and poem are a treasure. It takes me so long to learn anything, especially with cameras, cell phones, and computers that i am always behind the new technology when i do learn it. :-0 To answer your question about where my ideas for my doodles come from...the honest answer is ~ from God. I have always done some form of art, and i have always doodled. But last year i earnestly prayed for the Lord to give me something that is mine art wise, and the doodles started coming one after another.I never know what i will end up with once i put my pen to the paper. :-)

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing this.